Whether you are going to a business meeting or to the local supermarket, you should LOOK THE PART. While it’s nice to think your appearance doesn’t matter, it’s time, to tell the truth guys it does! We are in the people connecting business and as part of our profession, we have to look approachable. We’re not talking about dressing up for fashion event, (although it’s highly recommended). We are simply saying dress your best so you can command present and respect, like a BOSS.
This really hit home with us at our BOOT CAMP TRAINING. This is coming from a sales director at a very high-end luxury brand that starts with an L, who used to make her living teaching others how to present a professional image to customers. This training is call, LOOK THE PART.
Here are some of our notes we took from our training,
- 15 Core Pieces in your wardrobe: One full suit (blazer, skirt, pants), 1 pair of pants (black, blue or brown), 2 dresses (one black, one bright color/ patterned), one cardigan, 8 tops (button up, shells, flowy, patterned), dark blue jeans.
- Shoes: Black simple pump, Brown Heel (can be patterned), Nude pump, Black Sandal
5 MAKEUP TIPS
- TIP # 1 – Shape and fill your eyebrows
- TIP # 2 – Balance your lip and eyes
- TIP # 3 – Have a nude lipstick and a bold lipstick for the environment
LADIES HAIR & NAILS
- Whether natural, relaxed or weave should be NEAT. Weave no tracks showing
- Ponytails should be neatly slicked back, NO scrunches
- Don’t fake a suit – Purchase a full 2-piece suit, make sure colors/fabrics match. NO separates!
- 2-buttoned blazer – more modern, 3 buttons are dated. Always leave the bottom button
- unbuttoned. When you sit, unbutton blazer completely.
- NO front pleated pants! Style is dated and adds weight to you!
- Subtle Colors – Charcoal, black, navy, gray. These colors are classic and professional and can be worn with many different shirts & ties
- HAIR – Haircut neatly shaped, face/head shaved, fair hair shaped. Keep a fresh cut!
Although looks and appearances aren’t everything, first impressions count. It’s very difficult to overlook a poor first impression, regardless of your knowledge or expertise.
Things to Remember
- Appearances do matter.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a first impression. People make assumptions about you based upon your appearance at your first meeting.
- You are more likely to receive better service, command more respect, and get what you want if you are dressed Like a BOSS
Your appearance should always be consistent with your message to LOOK THE PART.
If you would like our full notes to LOOK THE PART, please fill out contact form and type Dress Like a BOSS in the comment.
If you looking to start your own business, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We assure you that we won’t reveal your identity.
We hope you enjoyed this post, if you would like to hear more on this topic drop us a line in the comment section, we truly appreciate our readers. Please do us a favor and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.