How to Create A Profitable Blog For Beginners
In this awesome article, we are going to talk about how to create a side hustle through blogging.
Congratulations! You probably have decided or are considering starting a blog. This can be terrifying and yet an exciting experience at the same time.
The first blog we launched was about our cake designs. As Melissa was going through her journey in creating cakes, she created a blog as a journal to showcase her designs. We received a lot of traffic, but we had no clue you can actually monetize your blog and start making money from it. We roughly made $0 and 0 cents…
From what we’ve learned, blogging is a great way to share knowledge, to inspire, educate, motivate and create an outlet for other people. As entrepreneurs, it has been rewarding to be able to use our blog to connect with like-minded people and it is ultimately one of our favorite things since we decided to become business owners. Note this post contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
When creating a blog the first thing you want to do is find a great host. We recommend using Bluehost. Why blue host? well because they’re cheap! You can start a blog with Bluehost for as little as $3.95/month when you sign up. Bluehost is incredibly easy to use and user-friendly.
Next, you want to pick a great theme. One theme that is mention a lot for beginner bloggers is the X Theme. Pros it’s beginner friendly, cons little expensive.
Here are our top 7 blog monetization strategies to create a side hustle through blogging
Here’s some tips and strategies for blog monetization that we’ve learned in the past 2 years.
- If you are new to blogging, your number one focus should be getting traffic and foremost. We realize the best way to get traffic is creating great high-quality content. You may have heard this but the content is king. The more content you have (Articles, Videos, etc…), the more your blog will be found in Google search engine. If your content is absolutely awesome you will get more likes which mean more shares and following to your blog.
- Second, you must use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) on all your content. We caught on to this late in the game and realize it was the missing piece to growing our traffic. To be successful in this arena, try going beyond just creating content but create videos as well. The more content you have on several platforms, the better your reach will be when driving traffic to your page to capture more people.
- Once you’re getting over 100 visits per day on your blog now would be a great time to monetize it. Your goal is to get visitors first! If you monetize too early it sends the wrong message and it can be a major turn off for your site. People are instantly turned off by banner ads or selling of any kind, especially if it’s done too abruptly. Seriously, people don’t like being pitched to, think about it, do you like? For example on Instagram, if you start posting ads to early you will see stagnant results and gaining followers will be small. People want to trust you first and that starts by bringing value to your page before adding a purchasing section for any products or services. It could be the best service in the world but no one will know it if your audience doesn’t trust you. Brands like the Millionaire Mentor have focused on building his platform before monetizing his Instagram page.
- Build your e-mail list immediately. You want to create a free giveaway for your readers as an exchange for their email address. When you have subscribers it much easier to communicate with them. Your goal is to build long-term relationships and add value in their life. Later on, you can recommend or make a product request.
- You want to get to know your subscribers by sending out a survey, engage with them as much as possible and find out who they are and what they like or disagree as much as possible. The more you know about their goals, desires, challenges and problems the more you can help them and adding value. You will start to build trust to now offer products or services to help them solve their problems.
- Next, you want to test the different ways you can monetize your blog and see what works best for you and your audience. We use Google Adsense and affiliate links. We recommend affiliate marketing (we will discuss that further in another post). Once you have a better understanding of what your audience or followers are looking for then you can offer your products and services. You can write an ebook and make it available for sale. They are many ways to monetize your blog but you need to test to see what converts best and see what your audience will benefit from the most.
Here are some affiliate links you can join:
- Never put yourself first. Always, always put your readers, followers and subscribers needs before your own. Your objective should never be about making money but offer a service of helping others solve their problems. Add value as much as possible. You must always do your best to respect your audience and never violate their trust or hurt your relationship with them in any way. If you cater to their needs they will remain happy, and once that is achieved you are defiantly on the right track.
WordPress – The #1 blogging platform in the world, and the current content management system that we use for this blog. It’s 100% free and easy to set up.
Kadence Theme – This is the WordPress theme that we currently use for our blog. It’s very customizable, there’s a lot of cool features, and it’s easy to use.
X Theme – Pros it’s beginner friendly, cons little expensive.
Mailchimp – It’s FREE! up to two thousand subscribers. One of the top email opt-in service. We use Mailchimp for all our newsletters and mailing lists.
Bluehost – This is the hosting service that we use for our blog and every other website that we have. You can get hosting as low as $3.95/month.
Blogging related post
- How to Start a Blog? (Begginer’s Guide with Bluehost)
- Affiliate Marketing for Beginners: A Step by Step Guide
- How to Make Money online
We hope his blog post outlined for you how to make money blogging Please stay tuned to how to make money online series. As we will break down each market individually.